If so, Transition Marlborough will pay up to 50% of the cost of any of the courses listed below - thanks to a grant from the Area Board. All we ask in return is that, once you have been trained, you share your new skills with a small group of local people who will pay their course fee to TM, on a date of your choice.
Check out the local courses listed below:
- Wild food foraging in Swindon Sunday, 21st July or 8th September, cost £70: http://www.handsonbushcraft.co.uk/wild-food-forage
- Basket making in Stroud: http://www.norahkennedywillowworker.co.uk/basketmakinggallery.html
- Fruit and nut foraging in Aldbourne in September, cost £70: http://www.hedgerow-harvest.com/courses_fruit_and_nut.html
- Wild Game butchery in Swindon in July or September, cost £150: http://www.handsonbushcraft.co.uk/wild-game-butchery
- Rustic furniture making in Okehampton, Devon, in June and October, cost £180: http://www.forestcrafts.co.uk/store/craft-courses/woodland-courses/rustic-furniture-making-workshop-course/showitemCOURSEFM.aspx
- Patchwork quilting in Clovelly, Devon, in June and September, cost £75: http://www.rowantreestudio.co.uk/patchworkandquilting.html
- Mushroom foraging in Dorset, in October, cost £180: http://www.rivercottage.net/shop/product/mushroom-foraging/
Please contact Sam on sampage_zim at yahoo.co.uk if you are interested in any of these, or similar, short courses.